28 November 2010

Katie's Corn Bread

So this is actually my recipe - my internet was out the other day, and I needed to make corn bread for thanksgiving, so I threw together everything I vaguely thought should be in a corn bread, and it was delicious!

1.5 cups cornmeal
1.5 cups milk
2 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
3 tbsp honey
1.5 teaspoon vanilla
1 tbsp butter/shortening/lard, softened
2 eggs, beaten

Let cornmeal soak in the milk.

While they are soaking, mix baking soda, salt, sugars, and flour.

Add eggs, honey, vanilla, and butter, and mix well. Mix in the cornmeal and milk, and stir well a few times. Put in a well-greased circular 9-inch pan or a 10x13 pan and bake for about half an hour, or until golden brown and the top has formed the shell you can tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment