- 10 Egg Yokes
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy.
- Pour cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. (i use a thermometer and stop it when it is 90% of boiling) Remove the cream from heat immediately. Pour a little cream into egg mixture (about a quarter cup) and whisk briskly, then pour egg/cream mixture into the rest of the cream and whisk. Remove Excess Foam. (I use a strainer)
- Pour into ramekins. Place ramekins in pan with hot water half way up sides of ramekins. Bake at 375 until middle jiggles like jello.
- Chill in Water Bath for 15 minutes
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Put as much sugar as will stick on top (sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar, and shake off extra), and broil, or torch until some carbonation is visible.